Saturday, April 2, 2011

CrossStitch




A Stitch in Time - Always and Forever

About 21 years ago, I decided to do a sampler cross stitch for my husband. It has hung in our bedroom ever since.





Because my wedding dress was an antique dusty rose color, the colors I chose for the cross stitch are that dusty rose and a compatible sage green.





I have based the colors of our bedroom on these two colors through 15 moves!


4 comments:

  1. http://charitree.blogspot.com/2011/04/finished-object-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I've done a little cross stitch - I know that was a lot of work! Precious memento!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had this so long we had to re-frame it with a frame taken from a military chapel that was being torn down. It originally had a gold frame but this one gives it a look more compatible with our bedroom and of course, it ties in another aspect of our family history. There will ALWAYS be a place on the wall for this!

    ReplyDelete