Saturday, August 27, 2011

Anticipation


Heavenly Father,

As I anticipate the morn
a time set aside and separated.
Can I go into Your holy presence
and leave myself behind?
Can I find an inner silence
that is empty but for You?
Will you keep me from the worldly way
and make me see Your face?
May I seek you, and you alone,
or, will I seek the face of others.
Will my head bow low and know my sin,
or, will I puff up with pride within?
In your church, will I obey
and seek to worship and to pray?
Or, will I let my thoughts go far
and think of things to do today?
Oh, I pray Lord.... guard my heart!
Guide my mind to thoughts of you.
Find in me a place to rest.
May my praise to You be blessed.
Please, Oh Father, do not let me
drift away , so far from Thee.
I long to worship, only You
I find myself in spite, its true.
For You alone shall have that hour
that's set aside by Your great power
for worship, and confession be
your aim and will for all of me.
I do not put myself above
Your holy throne of grace and love.

1 comment: