Lately I've been reflecting alot about life, death, and how we spend our days. As I was listening to a conference recording on Worship,
I became stunningly aware of the fact that we should be spending our days in LIFE preparing for death. It sounds so morbid... but , if you belong to Jesus Christ, your death is nothing but a bridge to eternal worship. Because we have been in daily worship of our Heavenly Father, we long to be with Him and are prepared to be. As an added bonus, when difficult times come about, we are prepared and can easily cope. Our peers wonder at our peace and confidence. It leaves open many opportunites for witness and ministry to others... which, I've always said... is the best way to get over our own miseries. Putting ourself in the service of those in need helps get your priorities in order and enables us to count your blessings rather than your struggles. Seeing others in situations much more difficult, painful than ours is humbling.
As my oldest daughter prepares her husband for a six month tour of duty I am reminded of when my children were small and my husband was given six month orders. It was the summer of 1991. My daughter was six and my son was two. I was keeping four other children daily in my home-daycare. I can honestly say that it was an incredible time of growth, spiritual growth for my family. The kids didn't really know the difference. Sure they missed their dad, but as long as the routine remained the same and I was alright, the kids seemed to assume that everything was okay. And... as long as I stayed in the Word ... and in worship/communion with my Heavenly Father... I was fine. I made intentional efforts to spend my first moments of the day in prayer . It was so reassuring to know... His mercies are new every morning... Lamentations 3:21 became a great comfort to me.
Proverbs 6:6–7, "Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her food in summer, and gathers her sustenance in harvest."
The ant is an example not only because it works so hard, but also because it plans ahead. It takes thought in summer that there will be need in winter, and this forethought provides its needs in winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment