Thursday, September 22, 2011

Execution of Innocence

Isn't it interesting that so many are concerned about Troy Davis, on death row, possibly being executed for a crime he didn't commit?

Have we ever stopped to consider that maybe there may be one watching the news, knowing full well that the man about to be executed is innocent... and that THEY are the guilty one?

How they must feel... watching someone else go to death for a crime THEY committed.

Horror?

Relief?

Guilt?


Debt?

I wonder how the parents of the inmate must deal with knowing their son is innocent and is about to be put to death.

What pain must fill their heart as they plead for his life.

Could this circumstance be used to help us reflect on the One who was executed for a crime He didn't commit?

Could this event possibly force us to stop and for once, realize that an innocent man was executed for a crime WE committed ?!?

Is it even possible that we might come to terms with the very fact that were it not for His willingness to be executed, we would be forever punished for our crimes?

Do we feel guilty?

Do we feel we owe him?

Do we feel relief that we are pardoned?

Do we feel horror?

I'm appalled at how flippantly I take the cross.

God forgive me!

2 comments:

  1. I just love your blog and didn't realize you had one until now. You are a beautiful writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks Christina. That is a real compliment coming from you because I've always admired your writing... and especially your pictures. Reminds me of days when my girls were younger and we were homeschooling. Thanks so much ♥ If you're bored some day feel free to wander over to my other blog...
      http://revnbev.tumblr.com/

      Delete