I have been very blessed to make new friends who are so generous with their home grown tomatoes. After eating tomato sandwiches for many days, I decided that I must do something to preserve these beautiful sweet gifts from God and friends. Because I just moved into our new home, and have not moved any of my canning supplies yet, canning them was out of the question. So, I did what every good daughter does, ..... I called my mom! She told me I could just blanch and freeze them :) What a great idea...
Since I didn't know this... I thought maybe you might not... so , I'm sharing how to freeze tomatoes on this blogpost.
Not only is it a great way to keep farm fresh tomatoes.... it's also a fantastic example of science in the kitchen! Heat expands..... cold constricts... so ... the skins come off!!!
Not only is it a great way to keep farm fresh tomatoes.... it's also a fantastic example of science in the kitchen! Heat expands..... cold constricts... so ... the skins come off!!!
1. Wash all tomatoes in cold water.
7. Peel all skins off and break up tomatoes into a bowl.
No comments:
Post a Comment